Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ensuring there will be apple pie at Thanksgiving

Guest post written by Jenny Haverford

When I found out that my mom wasn't planning on fixing an apple pie for Thanksgiving this year, I just knew that was unacceptable. I simply had to do something about this! I'm definitely by far the person who's travelling the farthest for the holiday festivities, so I had been told to just enjoy the food and not worry about contributing anything. Well, I knew that I definitely wanted to contribute some apple pie.

But I'm not sure if I've ever fixed pie in my life before, so I looked online with my clear wireless internet to see if I could find a simple enough recipe for it. I found all different types of recipes and even though I think that it's going to be a bit of a challenge for someone who's never cooked pie before, I guess there are harder things that I could have decided on fixing for the meal.

I told my parents about my plan for the apple pie and my mom said that she would help me fix it if I was having trouble.

No comments: